Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bedroom Makeover Ideas

I've decided that my bedroom needs a little make over. Since I'm only home for about a month to two months out of the year, it's been difficult to find the time to actually get down to it. I thought about leaving lists and pictures for my dad and brother to start it all, but I am not so sure how I feel about that. How badly can they screw it up if there are lists and pictures right??

I thought I would share some of my ideas with you guys and get some comments and suggestions. My room is not huge by any means but it's big enough to never stay clean. Right now my walls are white, except for one that has wallpaper that I did not choose. Here are my wallpaper ideas ...


WALLPAPER
I am IN LOVE with Damask wallpaper. My dad, however, isnt a huge fan but I am sure I can talk him into it. My initial thoughts were to have the wallpaper on two walls and then have the other two painted white. I have been playing around with the color of the wallpaper, but I definitely want the two other walls white.





I am also thinking of maybe doing a striped wallpaper ... 

                                   






FIXTURES 
I also want to put a small decorative chandelier. Nothing too fancy or big and I don't think I want it to work, just a decorative piece. 





SHELVING 
For my shelving, I thought of just having something hung up on the wall instead of a shelving unit.





CLOSET ORGANIZATION
I have a fair sized walk in closet but it's not being used to it's full potential. I thought I would put some shelving in there to help it stay clean and organized, because honestly, it never does. I also need a place to put my shoes other than the millions of places they already are.
                  



And instead of doors, I want curtains ...








BED
Unfortunately, my bedroom isn't big enough to hold my dream bed, so for now, I guess these choices will have to do ...



What do you guys think? Any helpful hints and suggestions ?




No comments:

Post a Comment