Saturday, August 16, 2014

GF Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies

Every once in a while, I will crave a homemade cookie, especially today. While looking for recipes on trusty Pinterest, I came across this easy to make recipe for gluten free chocolate chip almond butter cookies from this webite. The recipe was super easy and they are DELICIOUS, I thought I would share my experience with you. I'm going to share the recipe but please visit the link I posted for the exact recipe and for some other delicious ideas.

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
(as found on here)

INGREDIENTS 
1 cup almond butter
3/4 cups Truvia*
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 oz. dark chocolate (85% cocoa)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a medium bowl, combine first five ingredients until blended
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on to baking sheet
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown
5. Let cool 

- Yields approx. 24 cookies
Calories: 95 
Protein: 3g
Fat :6g
Carbs: 9g

 * The recipe called for Sucanat, but you can substitute for whatever you please



This is the chocolate that I used; found it at Bulk Barn for $3.99


                                              BEFORE                               AFTER



There ya have it! Delicious AND healthy cookies that are super easy and affordable to make! 





No comments:

Post a Comment