Friday, January 22, 2016

Five on Friday

First FOF post of the new year .. heck, first POST of the new year. The holidays were so busy for myself and family and I don't know where time has gone, I just haven't found the time to sit down and write a post. There were days where I said to myself that I should sit and write a post and never did.

Anyways .... linking up with A Liz Adventures for this Friday's edition of FOF. Are you?!





ONE
I don't know about you, but this year/month hasn't been that great for me. I was sick with the cold/flu for almost a week and a half ... was okay .. then BAM, injured myself. I spent last weekend in the hospital with severe pain in my chest and of course, one doctor says this, another says that. However, bottom line, I someone managed to tore/rip my muscles around the rib cage and because I didn't know I kept moving and injuring it further. I've been off work for a week and can't go back until Monday. Hopefully I'm better by then because I NEED TO GET BACK INTO THE GYM. Between the holidays and this "sick month", I haven't stepped foot in the gym for way too long now. 



TWO
One of the things I decided to do for the new year was create a goal board and quote chalkboard. I wanted to have a chalkboard wall but the walls in my room are not a flat service so I decided to make a board instead. My goal board obviously has things on there that I would like to accomplish this year ranging from eating healthier, reading more, auditioning for things to being more grateful. My quote board I change every Sunday with different quotes "for the week". I think both these boards are great ways to stay on track with my motivation for building a better me all around. 




THREE
I had my VERY FIRST Beechwood donut yesterday. For those of you that are not familiar with this place, they are a small bakery located in downtown St. Catharines that makes gourmet donuts. Their flavours are always "different" ranging from macha green tea, french toast or candy cane during the holidays. I had the pleasure of having their chocolate chip cookie dough. WOW! Now I see why people wait in line (the truth!) for these things. And, these donuts are somehow vegan, not sure how they do it but they do. 


FOUR
Ventured down to Mapleview Mall a week or so ago with my brother as I have never been. Yes, I know, SHOCKING, that I have never been to a mall. I would have to say it was a successful trip. Sephora was the main store I wanted to stop at, even though we have one at the mall here (BAD, BAD thing!). My #SephoraHaul included: 
* BareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener 
* Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
* Josie Maran Argan Enlightening Illuminating Veil
* Origins GinZing Eye Cream
* Sephora Overnight mask
* Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask
AND with my BeautyInsider points * Marc Jacobs Mascara 
I have yet to try any of these products because I've been at home injured so there hasn't been a need to wear makeup. When I do try them, I will for sure let you know how they are. 

We also stopped at Kiehl's and let me tell you, I am FALLING IN LOVE with their products. I purchased their Rare Earth Clay Pore Scrub and was given samples of their Midnight Recovery Concentrate and their Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask. I am DEFINITELY purchasing their Midnight Concentrate ASAP because it is absolutely amazing. Before bed, after washing my face, I used about two-three drops and in the morning my face is so soft and doesn't have that "tired" look. Their mask was amazing as well. If you haven't tried any of their products, just walk into a store and talk to someone and they will give you samples. They may be a little pricey for some people but it is definitely worth the price. I have recently discovered that when it comes to skin care, sometimes taking the "cheaper" route isn't necessarily the better idea. 
PS. Also made a stop at Zara !




FIVE
34 days until Fuller House - just saying!





What are you five things this Friday? : )



No comments:

Post a Comment