Thursday, November 7, 2013

Today I ....

....Received my ship assignment - early!

As I mentioned in previous posts, I was supposed to do my training on board the Paradise which is out of Tampa, FL, and then receive my ship assignment after I completed my training. Well, today I received an email stating that there was an unexpected project occurring on the Paradise so I will be going directly to my ship, The Fascination (out of Jacksonville, FL), where I will be spending my six months. The itinerary is mostly the Bahamas, which I have been too (well Nassau anyways) and I absolutely LOVED it there and I have always wanted to go back. I should be receiving my new and updated travel details shortly! I guess that's why we were "warned" about last minute changes at the interview. Oh well, makes everything more interesting. At least I know what ship I will be on for my contract now instead of later.

Aside from that, I had a slight luggage situation yesterday! I was sent my previous travel details and I was supposed to be flying with Southwest Airlines so I checked their weight and size requirements. Turns out, the luggage that I had purchased was 5 inches over their limit. I could pay 75$ on top of the over weight fee I know I will have to pay, but I didn't want to pay all that every time I boarded the plane. Back to the US we go! I managed to find one that was the exact requirements and then I also got a smaller one as well. Boy, this has been an interesting week so far between losing things, new travel itinerary ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed all my travel details go well!


No comments:

Post a Comment