Saturday, March 28, 2015

Four on Saturday

Since I missed yesterday's link up and I feel like switching it up, today I am going to be writing Four on Saturday instead. I hope everyone had a good Friday night, I know I sure did! :)

four of my nicknames
1. Shorty - Considering I am 5'1", I think this nickname fits perfectly and probably why I have had the NN ever since I can remember
2. Sar - Just a short version of my first name that my friends used to use in high school
3. Stad - This is a nickname I have developed as of the last year or two and it's starting to catch on. It's a another short version of my last name and since people address my brother with our full last name, I get the short version.
4. SarBear - I have no idea how this one came about, but it's another one my friends from high school and college would use


four jobs I've had
1. Marine Mammal Caregiver - I used to work with Beluga's and Orca's and I can definitely say I miss the whales, but not the job itself and the people I used to work with. I would love going into work every day and being greeted by the amazing creatures and playing catch, yes I did say catch, with some of the Beluga's
2. "Doggie Babysitter" - Those are the words I like to use, but every day I would go into work and hang out/play with the best dogs in the world and take care of them
3. Usher at a concert venue - It wasn't the biggest venue, only about 1250 seats, but the shows I have seen and the people I have met (both celebrity and non celebrity) make this my favorite job 
4. Entertainment for Carnival Cruise Lines - my most recent job and it's probably been my most difficult job as I'm away from home for six months at a time and working hours I never thought I would work. However, this job has allowed me to see places of the world I never thought I would be able to, allowed me to do things I never thought I would do and I have met some of the most amazing people from all over the world 


four movies I've watched more than once
1. The Goonies - Okay, for real, who hasn't seen this movie? And if you haven't, why not? 
2. Deep Blue Sea - There's something about a shark movie that gets me
3. The 'Burbs - I saw this movie for the first time a few years ago, and I will admit it I watch it all the time now
4. Step Brothers - Never fails to make me laugh and  some of my conversations can be carried on using quotes from this movie
5. Lawless - Tom Hardy and Shia LaBeouf, need I say more?


four things in my purse
1. Cell phone - I'll admit I cannot go anywhere without my cell. Then again, the only reason I turn on an actual computer is to write a blog post
2. Lip Butter from The Body Shop - it is a MUST HAVE in my purse, especially during the winter months
3. My iPod - Sometimes radio commercials just annoy me
4. Passport and Nexus - you never know when I am going to end up over the river


four places I've lived
1. Ottawa, ON - If I have any say in it, I would never chose to live in Ottawa again during the winter months. During any other season, it was absolutely beautiful, but the winter was the worst and for someone who does not like the cold or snow, this is not the place for you
2. Jacksonville, FL - I didn't live in a house in Jax, my ship's home port was here and that's where you say you live
3. Port Canaveral, FL - same reason as above
4. Brampton, ON - I lived there while I was going to school there studying Animal Science


four places I've visited
(I have a lot of favorites and I've seen alot, but these are my top four)
1. Aruba - If there was any place that I missed the ship, it would have been this island. No matter what happens with my job, I will be back

2. Bonaire - Some of the clearest water I have ever seen in my life

3. Curacao - The mutli colored buildings were my favorite (ABC Islands)

4. San Juan, PR - Felt like a second home to me after a while 


four places on my travel bucket list
1. Hawaii - Ever since I can remember, this has been my number one 
2. South Africa - Table top mountain, seal lions and best sharking diving, need I say more?
3. Australia - I would love to experience the culture for a few weeks
4. Fiji - I would just like to stay in a hut over the ocean .. I don't think it's too much to ask. 


four things I don't eat
1. Vegetables - I eat some veggies, just not the most important and main veggies. Instead, I mix them with fruit and drink them
2. Seafood - It has never appealed to me and if I sitting with someone eating lobster or crab or anything along those lines, I just can't ..
3. Regular Milk - If it's chocolate milk, absolutely, but ask me to drink a cold class of regular milk, I can't do it and I have no idea why
4. Banana - Put into a carb like banana bread or muffin, sure why not .. (yes, I said carbs!)


four tv shows I watch
1. Pretty Little Liars - WHO IS CHARLES?
2. Bones - I find this show fascinating and well, let's be honest ... David Boreanaz isn't bad to look at either
3. Supernatural - Again, there's some pretty good eye candy and it's hilarious
4. Seinfeld - It never gets old


four things to look forward to in 2015
1. Life at home -  It feels funny saying I am looking forward to life at home but when I have been away for a little over a year, it's going to be difficult adjusting to being at home and not on a ship, but I think it's time to start getting my life back on track while at home
2. Summer - What's not to love about the summer?
3. Fitness journey - I know I say this all the time, but I have a feeling this year will be THE year I get back on track with my fitness and clean eating journey
4. Travel - Even though I won't be getting paid to travel anymore, I have a feeling a few smaller trips may be in the works.






No comments:

Post a Comment