Monday, August 24, 2015

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

I have always wanted to try and make a buffalo chicken dip but I have never gotten around to it, UNTIL, the other day. While browsing Pinterest (I need a life), I came across a skinny version of the recipe and decided to give a chance.

Gimme Some Oven is the website that I found the recipe on and it was SO EASY and FAST to make!




INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 oz. (half a block) reduced-fat (or fat-free) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank's)
  • 1/2 cup crumbled light blue cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning (optional)
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken

DIRECTIONS:

TO MAKE IN THE OVEN:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well-mixed. Transfer mixture to a small greasedbaking dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to slightly brown. Remove and serve immediately.


It was hard for me to find crumbled light blue cheese, but eventually I did. I also added a little bit more blue cheese to the top before I put it in the oven. The website has other ways of making it, like on the stove or in a crock pot. I happen to think I outdid myself with this!! It was amazing and definitely better than any of the restaurants I have tried. I found it a little too spicy for me, so next time I think I will cut down on the Frank's a bit. Other than that, if you are a Buffalo anything fan like me, you NEED to try this and definitely let me know! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment