Thursday, July 14, 2016

finally.

After a few months of waiting and being very persistent with emails, I FINALLY have a ship assignment. My fingers have never been more crossed that things DO NOT change and nothing changes because I really don't think I could handle it. Waiting for this assignment has been very stressful, for more reasons than one, and it's been a long time coming.

WELL ... I am heading out to California on the 30th for six months!! I am joining the Imagination which travels to Catalina and Ensenada. It wasn't the ship or ports that I truly wanted but due to certain situations, it was the best for me. If you have read my On The Map page, you know California is number one of my travel bucket list. Being able to be there for 6 months makes me SO happy! I won't be able to experience ALL of California like I would on a normal vacation, but anything is better than nothing right. I can still see the Hollywood sign - yes I know, typical tourist thing!

My nerves are starting to kick in already - ugh, what is wrong with me? I think because it's been so long since I've been out on a contract, it's like starting over again, which is why I don't mind having the ship I've been assigned. It will get me back into the swing of things better so I can concentrate on completing my final senior Tier in hopes of getting better placements. The one thing I am NOT looking forward to is the flight. I am a HORRIBLE flyer and I do not like flying in the least bit, so this is going to be a very long flight. I also made the mistake of checking the National Hurricane Center weather and it doesn't look nice out that way, but then again, that's what you get when you work on a ship in the middle of the ocean in the middle of hurricane season.

So now it's just planning and getting things organized and let's HOPE this time around I can be packed on time!




No comments:

Post a Comment