Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday - v.2

Happy Friday & hope everyone enjoyed their first week of September. Here is my "Five for Friday" for this week ... sorry it's a little late. I'm linking up with A Liz Adventures for this weeks edition. 

1. Marble Mocha Macchiato - I recently have discovered this off the of the secret menu from Starbucks and I thought the next time I was in, I would ask to see if they knew how to make one. Well, this certain Starbucks knew how!! Let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS! This drink is similar to their Caramel Macchiato, however, it has white mocha on the bottom, shot on top and mocha drizzle, no whip cream either. If you are a fan of the Caramel Macchiato, this is definitely worth trying. 

2. How fast the weather is changing - It seems like mother nature has this built in clock that says "Oh, school is in session, time for a weather change". I miss the summer weather already! I know it isn't officially fall until the 22nd, but when I have to put a hoodie on before nightfall, it makes me very very upset. Don't get me wrong, I love the fall for certain things, but I am a summer girl 100%. Let's hope we can still get some summer weather before the dreaded "w" word - winter!

3. M&M Confetti Cookies - My mom likes to have a family dinner once a week where everyone is there. I don't live with my mom, neither does my brother or step brother & step sister. So it's nice that we are all there once a week to catch up and have family time. This weeks dinner, she made a wonderful roast and mashed potatoes and for dessert she made M&M Confetti Cookies. I found this recipe on Pinterest and the consensus was - she will definitely be baking these again.

4. Orange is the new black by Piper Kerman - as I have mentioned in my "Sunday Currently", I have been reading this book after watching the show on NetFlix. I have recently finished this book and I definitely recommend reading this book and watching the show. The book is definitely different than the show, which is a nice surprise. After finishing the book, I came away from it thinking that it was a very motivational book and it also gave an inside view of the woman's prison system in the US. Definitely recommended. 

5. Just going to leave you all with this and this speaks volumes about my life right now. I have to start thinking of the long run and how I am going to get there. If that means I have to make "adult" decisions and give up exciting and fun opportunities, than I guess I have to. In every aspect of my life... I guess it's time to work a little harder. 

S.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation! And what's this about a secret menu at Sbucks???!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy the book :) the secret menu at Sbucks was created by baristas (current & past), so I've read anyway. If you google it, you will find a lot of sites that have it on there! It is definitely worth checking out if you're an avid Sbucks goer :)

      Delete