Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reflection....

....On the past six years.

Tomorrow is my last day at work and these past few days, I can't help but reflect on everything in the last six years. I started this job when I was 18 and on a day off, I couldn't go see a show where I worked because it was a legal age event. When I first started, I was a shy girl who took some time to "get of her shell". After a while, I started to get to know everyone and I became the girl who would "never shut up" - well I am kidding but I definitely came out of my shell. 

I have had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know 50+ people over the course of these six years. Some more than others, but all wonderful people nonetheless. Some left to pursue other careers and I always knew I would be one of those few. I always thought that I would be leaving because of a career job or I would have gone to a grad school out of town. Never did I think I would be leaving for this reason. It hasn't hit me yet but I think it will when this weekend I'm not getting up and putting on that "beautiful" uniform and watching concerts. 

Each person I have met and basically grew up with has helped me become who I am today. I have learned many valuable things that I will take with me no matter where I go. Like every job, there were some negative things and negative lessons that I learned a long the way, but it wouldn't be interesting if it was all positive would it? My supervisors took some chances with me when they promoted me to a Dual Supervisor which really meant a lot to me because they had the faith that I could do the job with a staff of 50+ of a very busy concert venue. Through that role, I was able to learn and grow as a person without a doubt.

Aside from all the personal lessons, I was able to see and meet some pretty interesting people and concerts. There are a few that stick out in my mind like Keith Urban, Sugarland (twice!), Rascal Flatts, Trace Adkins etc ...(country fan can't you tell?!) Everyone says that they would love that job and to be honest, they are all right. It is such a great job with such a wonderful group of people, I will without a doubt miss it SO SO much. 

We always find ourselves complaining about the small things and never realizing what we have until it's gone. I would not change A THING that has happened in the last six years and I can only hope that this new adventure allows me to have a "family" like I have had at this job. 


No comments:

Post a Comment