Thursday, July 17, 2014

Christmas in July

There are a lot of things that make me happy. Two of them, probably on the Top 5, is receiving packages in the mail & shopping. I woke up this morning to find packages arrived for me and I felt like a little kid Christmas morning.

First up ....

My yoga pants from The Paisley Rooster finally arrived. I have eagerly been awaiting these pants as they are super adorable and who couldn't use a new pair of yoga's right? The store is in Tennessee and they didn't take too long to get here, which was great. When I saw them online, I was in love but when I opened the package and put them on - HEAD OVER HEELS! They are beyond comfortable; more comfortable than my Lululemons (sorry!). They have so many designs so it was difficult for me to decide which two I wanted. I will DEFINITELY be ordering some more of these pants. The best part, they are two sizes down from the size I was before! :)

Working down South, I came across certain fashion that you don't see up here in the great white North. Vera Bradley is one of the fashion designs that I absolutely fell in love with. During our usual home port shopping trip, I found a store that carried VB, and did I buy something? Of course. I was hooked!! Once I came home, we went to Grove City for a shopping trip and they had VB store there. The store was beautiful, bright and just confirmed my love for VB. While I was browsing, and yes I was actually browsing, the website, I saw a few things that I thought would make my next contract and travel days a lot easier. When I see something and the words "Oh My God" come out of my mouth, that pretty much means I have to have it. I ordered a duffle bag for my carry on, a beach bag and a carry all wristlet for when I'm out in port and don't want to carry my purse. 
I put in my two orders a day a part from each other and they said I would receive them in about a week. It was only a few days and they arrived together. Can we also just look at how great the packaging is. When I saw the boxes I was honestly a little disappointed as I was like VB should have had nicer packaging. Opened them up - SURPRISE! It's going to be hard to get rid of these boxes. WELL DONE VB!

Thennnnn.... I decided to venture to Chapters and Starbucks today. I would live off of SB when I was working on the ship and I felt like I was going through withdrawal. A double chocolately chip frapp was the trick! I purchased three books that I have been eagerly awaiting. "The Fault In Our Stars", "Lone Survivor" and "Gone Girl". So tonight, I'm going to go to the gym and have a nice bath and then start my reading. I just felt like I was watching too much tv and that I needed a good book. Even though, I will finish these in a week or so.



Have a great weekend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment