Saturday, July 12, 2014

Week 1 of Tiny Tea Teatox

Week one into my Tiny Tea Teatox is complete! First off, I am not a fitness or health expert by any means and what I write and experience during this Teatox is based on my own personal experience.

For almost 20 years, I was a competitive dancer and cheerleader. As soon as school was finished, I was straight into the studio, 6 days a week. Between dancing and cheerleading, I was never at home and I was never in a gym working out. While other kids were out playing on the weekends, I was putting my ballet slippers, tap shoes on and throwing people in the air while learning cheers. Side note: I MISS THOSE DAYS! Anyways, I never really had to "watch" what I ate because I worked it off. No, I didn't eat like crap all the time, I was still conscious about what I ate, but the worry of having to work it off never happened. When I stopped dancing and cheerleading, that is when I really noticed just how fit and healthy I actually was. I remember thinking that I was fat back then - please, what was I thinking? Naturally, I gained weight and after a horrible five year relationship, I became "satisfied" that I would never look the way I wanted or used to. I don't know about you, but I am an emotional eater and I probably will be for years to come. It wasn't until recently where I said "enough is enough". I'm tired of never feeling comfortable in a bathing suit, never wanting to be in a bathing suit and always having to hide my arms. Something needed to be done ...

WHICH BRINGS ME HERE ... 

If you haven't already guessed, I am a HUGE fan of Instagram. I don't even remember how I came across the account of Your Tea but when I did, all I saw were tons of before and after pictures of people trying this tea. I don't think I read one bad review so naturally, I had to look into this tea. After spending some time on their website and researching this tea, I decided to give it a try.


I was impressed with the packaging, customer service and how fast I received the tea. I decided to do the 28 day TEATox; they also have a 14 day as well. This tea is a blend of Chinese herbs which is supposed to help with bloating, fatigue, migraines, energy, skin and of course aid in weight loss. You're supposed to have it 30 minutes before each meal, 3 times a day, as well and keeping up a healthy and active lifestyle.  After week one, here are my reviews.

Consumption: My life is not a 9-5 life. I don't have a set schedule so I'm finding it a little difficult to have the time to have a tea 30 minutes prior to a meal. Usually I don't drink my tea fast either, so it may take me a few minutes before I'm finished. 

Taste: I'm a picky person, therefore, I was weary of what this was going to taste like. I have a friend who tried this and she could not stand the taste and tried everything in power to add something to make it taste better. Surprisingly, I like the taste and I don't need to add anything. It may take some getting used to, but it was a nice surprise. 

Tiny Tea Benefits: Around Day 3 is when I started to notice a few things. I wasn't feeling as bloated and my skin looked more fresh. I never had an issue with my skin but after Day 3, it had a "fresh" glow - if that makes any sense! I still haven't noticed any more energy but that could be because I'm still trying to get adjusted to being home after 6 months at sea. Little disappointed on that end, but then again, it's only week one. I'm not craving as much junk food and sweet things and I find that I'm not as hungry as I used to be. 

Diet/Exercise: I now pay more attention to what I consume that's for sure. On their website they provide a list of things to eat and avoid while drinking this tea. In my opinion, the list may be a little bit much. I am also in the gym a lot more and adding in more weights than I was before. I try to get to the gym for cardio about 4-5 times a week and will usually add the weights in for 3 days and then a day off.

Aiding in Weight Loss?: I'm not one to usually post pictures of anything or write down or record anything that has to do with my weight. I thought with doing this, I should to see my progress. I'm VERY hard on myself and I have to keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat and I should judge my progress based on how my clothes fit, not by what the scale says. Easier said than done! While I was on the ship, I started to take measurements instead of weighing myself. 

JULY 1 MEASUREMENTS                                         JULY 12 MEASUREMENTS
Waist (W): 27'                                                                  W: 26.5
Hips (H): 38                                                                      H: 37.5
Thighs (T): 22.5/22.5                                                       T: 22.5/22.5
Under Bust (UnB): 29                                                      Un B: 29
Bust (B): 36.5                                                                   B: 36
Arms: 11.5/11.5                                                                Arms: 11/11

Small differences are better than nothing, rightt?
                                       


All in all, week one wasn't so bad. Changes do not happen over night and it's going to be a gradual change, not an instant one.



No comments:

Post a Comment