Friday, July 4, 2014

Five Things Friday - July 4th

It seems that all the links up I used to have are either non existent or on "summer break"! Boo! That's okay, I can wait until break time is done and find some other interesting and new link ups! I always loved having "5 On Friday" and now I am going to change it to "Five Things Friday" presented by Clare.

Before I get started with my post, I would just like to wish a very safe and happy Fourth Of July to everyone! Hope you are out enjoying your day! :)

Here is my "Five Things Friday" for July 4th.


five things i ate.
I went to Grove City, PA for a few days and we tried a new restaurant called Primanti Bros. Their "thing" was the sandwiches that have coleslaw and fries ON the sandwich. To me, working at sea with different cultures, a french fry sandwich was not unheard of (Quite delicious actually!). I had the turkey without the coleslaw and the french fries on the side. This sandwich was HUGE! Could barely get through half of it. I was impressed!


Whole Wheat Mini Wheats are probably my new favorite snack!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from a new restaurant that went up down here. Had dinner with some amazing people from the job I had before I left for sea. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up. Felt like old times :)

Watermelon - Summer time favorite! Wouldn't you agree?


Portebello Mushroom Chicken - simply delicious!


five workouts.
Monday: Walking

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Hour of power walking/run and weights

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Power walking/run and weights


five pins.

One can only dream!

Definitely wins "Cutest Pin Of The Week"


I'm going to attempt this challenge and hopefully I will stick to it. 


In the spirit of the 4th of July :)


 Words of Wisdom for the week


five things making me happy.
My Your Tea Teatox tea arrived!! I'm not one to really try these things because I never really know how much about it is the truth and how much is made up. I also understand that every body is different and things won't work the same for everyone. I gave in and decided to order it and try it. It's called the Tiny Tea Teatox (28 days) by Your Tea. This is an organic herbal blend with some Chinese herbs which is supposed to help your overall well being. You're supposed to have more energy, better sleep and better skin. It's also supposed to help with bloating, migraines, IBS and aid in weight loss. You drink the tea three times a day, 30 minutes before a meal. Of course you are supposed to continue work out and maintain a healthy eating diet. I'm looking forward to try this tea and seeing what happens. I suffer from some pretty bad migraines, my sleep pattern is HORRIBLE and of course, I am trying to lose a few pounds. I will keep you guys updated on my journey with this!! :) 

Being away at sea for six months at a time can be difficult when it comes to missing your family and friends. Everyone always tells you that they miss you and can't wait for you to come home. It's not until you're home do you realize just how much they actually miss you! It's nice to have family and friends who don't just say what you want to hear. They are your true friends no matter what happens or no matter how far away you go. 

49 days until I am back at sea! 

As silly as this may sound, the new fragrance of air freshener in my room. I bought this air freshener from Bath & Body Works that plugs into your wall. I am a clutz and have a cat, therefore, I do not trust myself with candles in my room. The scent I have in now is called "Hawaiin Hibiscus". As soon as you walk in .. BEST scent ever. It also doesn't hurt that the hibiscus is my favorite flower. 

I can paint my nails a new and exciting color every week. While at sea, we cannot have our nails painted any other colors than your traditional nail colors. I was used to having a different and fun color every week. It sucked royally but now that I'm at home for a month, it's back at it. This weeks color is Blu Me Away which looks like the Tiffany blue. 



Hope you guys enjoyed my first edition of Five Things Friday! Now it's your turn ... What is making you happy this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment