Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Whats Up Wednesday [3]

Linking up with Jaime and her sister Erin for this week's edition of WUW. I'm just in one of those moods where I thought I would write something different today instead of my usually SWW posts.


1. WHAT I AM READING
I am currently reading Lone Survivor. I finished The Fault In Our Stars in about two days and how come no one warned me to have a box of kleenex ready?

2. WHAT I AM WRITING
This post and a few confirmation emails to make sure everything stays on track. I have also been talking to a few ship friends lately, so a lot of messages have been sent.

3. WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW
Shortly I will be on a ship again ...

4. WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN UP TO.
Well, to be completely honest with you, I am finding myself in a rut. I don't know what kind, why or how I even got into this one. Everywhere I turn,  I have been seeing posts about being skinny, thigh gaps, defining yourself by which bones stick out more and get this .. did you according to Cosmo, that anything over a size 2 is considered plus size? REALLY? Did I just read that right?!? I've read "You're more than just a number". Really, then how come you fall in love with a dress and "sorry, we don't carry that in your size". Now stores are coming out with 000 -- is that even humanly possible? I understand that everyone is different and that some people may have always been naturally thin and have always had that healthy lifestyle. Then there are people like me, that no matter what I do or how much I work out or how well I eat, it never seems to be enough. 
Yes, I am guilty of wanting to be a few sizes smaller than I am. Yes, I am guilty of counting calories and not eating something because that will put me over my calorie intake for the day. Yes, I am guilty of standing in front of the mirror and picking out my flaws. I thought I was doing it for myself, but really, am I? Or am I just trying too hard to fit in with society's image of "beautiful'? 

PS. That was REALLY hard for me to write and share with you guys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment